Matching Your Style
There are so many wedding cake designs to choose from, and it could be so overwhelming. The following are a few tips to help you decide on a cake style.
1. Would you like buttercream icing or a fondant icing cake? Knowing this will help you pinpoint exactly which designs to consider.
2. Fresh flowers, sugarpaste flowers, royal icing or buttercream flowers. Buttercream flowers are usually included in the price of the cake. These are flower designs piped with a pastry bag. Fresh flowers, sugarpaste, and royal icing flowers are usually an additional charge. The following are a few floral designs choices:
3. Is there a wedding theme that needs to be incorporated into the wedding cake? The most popular choice is a beach or seashell theme. Other choices are hearts, cupcakes, color, autumn and christmas themes.
4. Know the color of the icing for the cake. There are many color choices with the most popular choice being off-white. There are yellow, purple, pink and many other color choices. Most often, adding color is an additional cost. For chocolate lovers, there is always deep chocolate fondant, ganache or buttercream.
5. The shape of the cake is essential. Of course, the most popular design is the traditional round shape. Other choices are oval, heart, hexagon, octagon, petal and square.
6. Select an icing design to incorporate onto the cake. There are many designs that are piped with a pastry bag, molded with fondant, stenciled with color and many other applications. Choose a design that fits your personality or wedding theme.
home | wedding cakes | all occasion cakes | shop online | more information | contact us
cake tips | matching your style | Judith Bauer | customer feedback | copyright statement